Monday, August 22, 2011

Relocation

"Looks like someone is off to college," the Walgreen's lady announced when she saw my shopping cart full of the entire store's supply of deodorant, toothpaste, and Pepto-Bismol. What kind of college did she think I was going to?

"Actually, I'm moving to China."

I can not count how many times I have said that to strangers in the past weeks of preparation. Come Thursday, after months of talk, I am finally relocating to Hechuan, a small town located in Chongqing City province in Southwestern China. I will be teaching English at Pass College of Chongqing Business and Technology University, which I can only guess will entail making a fool of myself while pantomiming obscure grammar points.

This blog is a way to keep in contact behind the Great Firewall of China by relating my mishaps and adventures. Keep in touch and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. great firewall of china! i see what you did there. that's funny

    ReplyDelete